Protection Management, LLC, has provided healthcare security consultant services and healthcare risk management services to medical center campuses and related healthcare facilities since 1999 throughout the United States. We Provide Healthcare Security Consulting to a Wide Range of Healthcare Facilities
- Community Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Healthcare Systems
- Teaching Hospitals
- Behavioral Health Facilities (Both Inpatient and Outpatient)
- Mental Health Facilities
- Substance Abuse Facilities
- Government Managed Health Facilities
We Develop Healthcare Security Solutions Uniquely Tailored to Your OperationsOur services range from:
- Management Consulting and Management Mentoring
- Setting up New Departments
- Healthcare Risk Assessment of a Single Department (e.g. Emergency Room)
- Security Risks Assessments of one or more campuses
- Complete and Comprehensive Facility-Wide Healthcare Security Review
Anyone that works in an emergency room knows how violent they have become in the last few years. Call it the stresses of everyday life coupled with the increased use of drugs and the rise in mental health issues, but violence in the ER is a serious concern. Whether it is an aggressive verbal outburst or worse yet, a weapons incident, the chances that an incident will happen in your emergency department are real. Are you ready? Have you planned? Has the staff been trained on what to do? In California, a law went into effect in 2010 that requires certain measures be taken to deal with the violence in healthcare, plan for the response, and track trends so that you can reduce your number of incidents. This is likely to spread across the country in the future. Do you act now, or wait until legislation is passed in your area? The answer to that question depends on how much liability you are willing to accept. Read more...
Infant abductions are still possible in today’s world of electronic security nets in most hospitals. Although the numbers of actual abductions from within hospitals are down in the last ten years, attempts still take place, as do actual abductions.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Describes the Typical Abductor as:
- Female of “childbearing” age (range now 12 to 53), often overweight.
- Most likely compulsive; most often relies on manipulation, lying, and deception.
- Frequently indicates she has lost a baby or is incapable of having one.
- Often married or cohabitating; companion’s desire for a child or the abductor’s desire to provide her companion with “his” child may be the motivation for the abduction.
- Usually lives in the community where the abduction takes place.
Trust the experts at Protection Management, LLC. Our Principal Security Consultant has over 13 Years Experience in Managing Healthcare Security Departments for Multiple Campus Health Systems.
- John M. White CPP, CHPA, is Board Certified in Security Management as a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and as a Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA), and he has served as the senior security executive of two healthcare organizations.
- He also serves on the Healthcare Security Council of ASIS International, and is the chairperson for the Publications and Healthcare Security Best Practice committees of this council.
- Mr. White serves on the Board of Directors for the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) as well as the Commission for Certification with the IAHSS.
Protection Management, LLC, stands out in the field of Healthcare Security Consultants as one of a few security consultants that actually have experience working in the healthcare field as a senior level security director. Our principal consultant, John M. White, CPP, CHPA, has held positions as the Security Director of two multi-campus healthcare systems. John M. White has managed healthcare security programs that included:
- Medical Centers with Multiple Satellite Campuses
- Urgent Cares
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Out-Patient Services
- Retail & Inpatient Pharmacies
- Trauma Centers
- Behavioral Health Services
- Emergency Room Violence
- Infant Security
- Emergency Management
- Valet Parking
- Employee Shuttle Services
- Security Equipment Planning and Installation
- VIP Visits
When you are retaining the services of a security professional, you want the most qualified professional who is current on industry standards, as well as experienced in operational procedures.
- The Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) certifications that Protection Management, LLC maintains are internationally recognized as standards of excellence.
- Our experts remain current on new developments and trends with healthcare security issues.
- We fully understand the challenges that healthcare facilities face with regards to an open environment and still remaining safe and secure.
- We work with our clients to identify their unique areas needing attention as well as positive attributes.
- Although we have made recommendations for new technologies as needed, our baseline approach is to identify operational efficiencies and work within existing budgets when possible.
- We provide our clients with an electronic tracking tool so that they can track their progress during the implementation phase of improving their security and reducing their risks.
- Established state recognized Security Training Programs
- Developed and implemented Less Than Lethal Weapons Training and Use (e.g. Tasers & Pepper Foam)
- Developed and implemented Quarterly Training Programs-Best Practices
- Comprehensive understanding of Quality Management Programs
- Experienced in Emergency Management and Disaster Planning
- Experienced in Hospital Incident Command Operations (HICS)
- Served on safety committees for 17 years
- Served on Hospital Environment of Care Committees for 14 years
- Professionally certified all security staff through the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS)
- Worked with faith based, not-for-profit, and for-profit organizations
- Managed VIP visits to healthcare facilities by dignitaries (members of Congress, Speaker of the House of Representatives, governors, Hollywood stars, and Presidential candidates)
Contact the Expert Healthcare Consultants at Protection Management, LLC, Today for a Free Phone ConsultationWe look forward to helping you with your Healthcare Security Consulting and Healthcare Risk Management needs.
Learn More About Us:
Protection Management, LLC is a full service professional security consultant company. We are Board Certified in Security Management; Certified Protection Professional (CPP) by ASIS International, acknowledged as the security profession’s highest recognition. Read More.