In 1999 Protection Management Associates was formed and in 2009 the name was changed to Protection Management, LLC. The President/CEO of Protection Management, LLC is John M. White. John’s professional career includes more than 39 years of experience working as a security consultant.
The Independent Security Consultant
Protection Management, LLC provides objective and independent security consulting services for corporate and government organizations. Our clients are leaders in their respective industries, as well as small and medium sized businesses in many sectors, including: Education, Retail, Tourism, Government, Hospitality, Transportation, Healthcare, Distribution Centers, Entertainment Industry, Event Centers, Industrial & Manufacturing Facilities, Places of Worship, Recreation Centers, and Warehouses among others.
Protection Management has an unrivaled reputation for maintaining and retaining clients as a result of the client’s confidence in our security consulting services, our attention to detail, our receptiveness, our on-time and on-budget reliability, our independence and most importantly our professional integrity. Our goal is to develop solutions that protect our clients from preventable losses.
About John M. White, President and CEO of Protection Management, LLC
Over the past 39 years, John has gained experience in numerous disciplines including, but not limited to:
- Courtroom Testimony
- Emergency Management
- Loss Prevention
- Physical Security
- Investigations (both civil and criminal)
- Security Risk Assessments
- Security Management
- Security Department Restructuring
- Security Training
- Public Speaking
John’s professional experience includes:
- Honorably serving in the United States Military
- Served as a police officer/training officer/police supervisor
- Owned and operated a private investigative agency
- Served as a security executive for a university and two medical centers
- Served on safety & security committees with K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, as well higher education institutions
- Worked as both an internal security consultant and an independent security consultant
John M. White, CPP, CHPA is also a published author. In 2013 John was approached by publisher Butterworth-Heinemann and asked to write a book on security risk assessments. That book, titled: Security Risk Assessment – Managing Physical and Operational Security was published in July 2014 and is available online through numerous bookstores.
Board Certified in Security Management
In 2002, John was awarded the designation of Board Certified in Security Management; Certified Protection Professional (CPP) by ASIS International the largest international security professional’s organization.
Throughout the World, the Certified Protection Professional (CPP) Designation Is Acknowledged as the Security Profession’s Highest Recognition of Practitioners:
- It is evidence that an individual is “Board Certified in Security Management.”
- The CPP is administered by the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International), the preeminent international organization for security professionals, with 32,000 members worldwide.
- The CPP is awarded based upon experience and passage of an examination that provides an objective measure of an individual’s broad-based knowledge and competency in security management.
- Ongoing professional development is required in order to maintain the credential.
Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) Through IAHSS
In 2006, John was awarded the highest professional certification within Healthcare Security when he became a Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS).
There are very few professional security consultants active today that have achieved both certifications, and John is honored to be one of them. He has continued to maintain both professional certifications with continuing education, training, publications, and active participation in security associations.
Our Mission Statement
Our purpose is to work with clients to build trust and provide quality service that promotes professionalism, ensures fiscal responsibility, prevents crime, reduces the fear of crime, and promotes safety.
Protection Management, LLC is an Independent Security Consulting Firm
We do not promote or represent any security product manufacturers. We do not accept referral/finder’s fees, commissions or other compensation from any person(s) or company that manufactures, offers for sale, furnishes, distributes security related equipment, installs security equipment, provides monitoring services, or provides security staffing services. Protection Management, LLC serves all of North America and is headquartered in Canton, Ohio with an additional location in Southern California.
We Adhere to Professional Ethics and Code of Conduct
We maintain strict confidentiality of what services we provide to our clients so they can rest assured that sensitive information will not be shared with others.
If your organization is seeking an independent security consultant with extensive experience, contact us for a free security consultation.
Protection Management, LLC is a verified Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) through the Department of Veterans Affairs.